A series of measures and guides have been launched in Shenzhen for the resumption of work and production of enterprises. What should enterprises do to ensure that workers are back to work and production is resumed in an orderly manner during the epidemic prevention and control period?
1. Collecting and checking employee information before the resumption of work and production
* Information including recent health status of the employees and their residence history in epidemic affected areas and travel history shall be collected.
- Those who are still in epidemic outbreak areas shall not return to Shenzhen for work at the moment;
- Those who have traveled to epidemic outbreak areas and returned shall be subject to a 14-day quarantine. They are allowed to return to work when they emerge from quarantine with a normal body temperature.
2. Implementing closed management
In principle, all enterprises shall implement closed management. Irrelevant personnel are prohibited to enter the production workshops or workplaces.
3. Having body temperature checks
An infrared thermometer shall be placed at the entrance of the workplace to check the body temperature of all persons entering the workplaces.
4. Wearing face masks
* Enterprises shall purchase protective materials such as face masks for employees and remind them to wear one when visiting public places, going to a hospital or taking public transportation.
*Face masks used by persons not showing symptoms like fever and cough shall be disposed of in trash bins labeled “Other Waste” in accordance with the regulations of household waste classification.
*Face masks used by suspected cases and healthcare personnel providing medical services for them shall be collected and disposed of as infectious medical waste after medical consultation or investigation.
5. Maintaining good environmental hygiene
* Clean the surrounding environment and objects regularly with preventive disinfection as supplement. Over-disinfection shall be avoided. Disinfection shall be conducted in time where contamination occurs.
-For the surface of objects: chlorine-based disinfectant (effective chlorine concentration: 250mg/L-500mg/L) can be applied on the surface of objects being frequently touched, such as tables, door handles, phones, switches, kettle handles, basins and toilets. Wait 30 minutes before wiping the surface with clean water.
- For the floor: mop the floor with chlorine-based disinfectant (effective chlorine concentration:250mg/L-500mg/L).Wait 30 minutes before mopping again with clean water.
6. Keeping rooms well ventilated
* In places especially workplaces and employees’ dormitories where population density is high, try to maintain natural ventilation.
* Where natural ventilation is insufficient, enough mechanical ventilation equipment (ventilation fans) shall be installed to ensure sufficient ventilation.
* Sufficient fresh air shall be let in to air-conditioned workplaces, with ventilation rooms and filters cleaned and disinfected for at least twice a week.
7. Avoiding unnecessary gatherings and meetings
* Reduce meetings and keep meetings short. During long meetings, open the windows for ventilation once.
* Attendees to meetings should keep at least one meter away from each other and wear face masks.
* The room and furniture shall be disinfected when the meeting is over.
8. Packing food into separate serving at canteens
* Disinfect the canteen (restaurant) once a day and disinfect tables and chairs after use.
* Pasteurize cooking utensils and tableware.
* Keep the operation room clean and dry, and separate utensils for raw ingredients and cooked food. Avoid eating raw meat.
9. Setting up quarantine facilities
* Enterprises with dormitories shall arrange independent rooms for employees returning from epidemic affected areas for temporary quarantine.
*Employees under quarantine shall check their temperature every day, and visit the nearest fever clinics for treatment with their face masks on once showing symptoms of fever, cough and fatigue, etc.
* Enterprises unable to provide independent rooms for quarantine shall follow the arrangement of the subdistrict office and report to the community after confirming the quarantine sites.
10. If an employee shows symptoms similar to that of a NCP infection
* He or she shall put on a face mask and seek medical help immediately.
* Contact the local disease prevention and control center immediately for guidance.
* If a person is diagnosed with NCP, people in close contact with him or her should receive a 14-day medical observation.
* Enterprises are suggested to take measures such as staggering shifts or prolonging the holiday to avoid crowded groups.
* Enterprises should stop using central air conditioners, conduct cleaning and disinfecting and keep indoor ventilation.
* Please dial 12345 for information about collective quarantine sites, NCP prevention and control and regulations on resumption of work and production.
* Please dial 120 for medical emergencies.