Guidelines for foreigners to report loss of passport in Shenzhen:
1. Application condition
The foreigner must have lost the passport in Shenzhen.
2. Application method
The application shall be submitted to the exit and entry administration authorities in person.
3. Application procedure
Step 1: Report the incident at the police station where the case happened.
Any foreigner whose passports lost or stolen shall report the case to the police station where the case happened and obtain a receipt of reporting the case issued by the police station with the name of the foreigner involved.
Step 2: Go to the Exit and Entry Administration Bureau under Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau and apply for the certificate of reporting the loss of a foreigner’s passport (issued on the second day of acceptance).
The following materials are required:
1) Completed form for reporting the loss of a foreigner’s exit-entry certificate;
2) Three 2-inch bareheaded photos;
3) Photocopies of the lost or stolen passport and visa (if possible);
4) The receipt of reporting the case issued by the police station.
Reminders of the law:
1) The certificate of reporting the loss of a foreigner’s passport is valid for 30 days. Foreigners must apply for a new passport at the embassies or consulates of their countries in China within 30 days of the date of reporting the loss and apply for a visa at the public security authorities before staying or leaving China legally;
2) Any foreigner who fails to apply for a new passport and visa within 30 days shall be punished by the public security authorities for illegally staying in China.
Step 3: Go to the embassies or consulates of the foreigners’ countries in China to apply for a new passport with the certificate of reporting the loss of a foreigner’s passport.
Step 4: Go to the exit and entry administration departments under the public security authorities to apply for the corresponding visa after obtaining the new passport. The required application materials are listed below:
1) The visa application form for foreigners must include an attached 2-inch bareheaded bust photo with a blue background color that was recently taken. (Said form can be printed out upon making an appointment);
2) The receipt of digital visa photo collection and examination for foreigners in Guangdong Province with the signature of the applicant;
3) The original copy of the new passport or other international travel certificate;
4) The overseas personnel temporary residence registration;
5) A photocopy of the certificate of reporting the loss of a foreigner’s passport, which should be verified with the original copy;
6) If the applicant is applying to have the original visa reissued, he/she shall, in addition to the above-mentioned materials, submit the materials for reissuing the original visa in accordance with the handling guide corresponding to the type of visa;
7) Other certificates as required by the public security authorities.
1) Please fill in the application form with a black or blue pen or a roller pen. Photocopies of materials to be submitted should be printed on A4 paper and put in order;
2) According to the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, China does not recognize dual nationalities. Applicants who are of foreign nationalities must cancel their household registration in China before applying for visas. Certification of household registration cancellation issued by competent police stations should be submitted when necessary;
3) In accordance with Article 21 of the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China, the visa-issuing authorities have the right to refuse issuance of visas and are not required to give reasons for said refusals;
4) The public security authorities shall punish any foreigners or persons in charge who illegally reside (stay) in China or conduct any illegal activities;
5) If you want to learn more details about certificate application or inquire about the results of certificate issuance, you can go to the Certificate Services Hall of the Exit and Entry Administration Bureau under Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau or dial the hotline at 84465490 for inquiry.
The Exit and Entry Administration Bureau under Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau is entitled to interpret this guideline and reserves the right to make modifications.
Please visit the official website of Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau to process Application for Reporting Loss of Passport
(Note: The text above is a translation of the Chinese version for reference only. In case of any discrepancy between the two versions, the original published Chinese version shall prevail.)