IF you don’t want to wear the same Halloween costume as everyone else, you might want to consider making your own.
However, DIY costumes are often difficult to put together, especially if you don’t have a ton of arts and crafts experience.
Here are some creative Halloween costumes that you can make using items you probably already have in your closet. Some of these costumes are harder to create than others, so make sure you have some scissors and a hot glue gun on hand.
1. Become a deer.
What you need: a brown dress, white and brown felt, scissors, a hot glue gun, and deer makeup.
2. Transform into a flight attendant in minutes.
What you need: a blazer, a silk scarf, a pencil skirt and a nice blouse.
3. Throw on a red dress and go as a strawberry.
What you need: a red dress, green paper (for the stem), and white or yellow paper (for the seeds).
4. Grab your tackiest clothing and dress up as a tourist.
What you need: a colorful shirt, shorts or khaki pants, sandals, tube socks, a hat and a fanny pack.
5. If you have a lot of pink clothing, go as Elle Woods from “Legally Blonde.”
What you need: a pink top, a pink or jean skirt, pink sunglasses, and a stuffed (or real) dog.
6. Go as the Queen of Hearts from “Alice in Wonderland.”
What you need: a red or black dress, heart-shaped accessories, two decks of playing cards, a stapler, and some bobby pins.
7. Turn yourself into Medusa.
What you need: a white or green dress, metallic accessories, bobby pins, and rubber snakes.
8. Channel the iconic Mary Poppins.
What you need: a white shirt with a collar, a black skirt, black tights, a big purse, a black hat, a red bow tie and a big umbrella.
9. Go as a cactus — it takes less time than you’d think.
What you need: a green dress, white yarn or clothespins (for the cactus spines), pink and yellow yarn (for the flowers), a headband, scissors, and a hot glue gun.
10. Throw it back to your childhood and become Minnie Mouse.
What you need: a black turtleneck, a polka dot headband, and Minnie Mouse makeup.