Hosted by the Shenzhen Municipal Government, Shenzhen Design Week is held in late April each year. With a permanent slogan of “New Era, New Design”, it aims to establish an international platform integrating communication, promotion, display and education and create a series of brand activities, with the hope of driving the overall development of the design industry in Shenzhen and enhance the city's international influence.
The 2020 Shenzhen Design Week will be held from April 16 to 30 with the theme of “the integration of design”. To create and demonstrate the warm atmosphere of Shenzhen Design Week and motivate the city’s design talents to be engaged in the event, a parallel session will be set up, and the organizing committee office and an expert team will jointly select outstanding projects to participate in the design week.
The organizing committee is now calling for entries into the parallel session, seeking another successful Shenzhen Design Week with insightful minds in design from home and abroad. Specific requirements are as follows:
1) Applicants must have a professional background in design or have worked in the design industry; submitted projects must be design-related.
2) Applicants must self-finance the project.
3) Applicants must, in principle, find suitable venues by themselves, and the area should be above 100 square meters. For high-quality projects that fail to find suitable venues, please apply for help in the application materials.
4) Forms of projects may include but are not limited to exhibitions, forums, lectures, workshops, performances, interactive installations, catwalk shows, space renovation, design education, design promotion, parent-child activities, etc.
5) Sponsorship for projects should reported to the organizing committee before being accepted. Sponsorship plans must meet the basic promotion standards of the organizing committee.
6) The design of iconic materials and materials for publicity shall comply with the design week’s standards and requirements for basic icons; relevant design plans shall be reported to the organizing committee before being performed.
7) Applicants approved by the organizing committee must sign an agreement to indemnify the organizing committee and the secretariat from all accidents and disputes occurring during the preparation and implementation of the project. The agreement will be provided by the secretariat.
8) Approved projects will be examined for acceptance before the opening; unqualified projects need to be rectified in time.
1）项目标题、概要及详细内容，须中英双语，并提供至少三张与内容相关的高清图片（每张尺寸不得大于1024*768 像素, JPEG 格式,精度 300dpi以上）；
Applicants are required to submit detailed materials, including:
1) A title, an overview and a detailed introduction of the project, given in both Chinese and English; and at least three HD images related to the project (JPEG images within the size of 1024*768 and above 300dpi);
2) Profiles (including resume, previous achievements, etc.), HD photos, and contact information of the applicant and his/her team;
3) A complete budget;
4) An implementation plan, including a timetable;
5) A publicity program;
6) Basic logo design and exhibition design (applicable to exhibitions).
If materials submitted fail to meet the above requirements, the submission will be considered invalid.
First-round entries must be submitted by e-mail to the organizing committee office by 6 p.m., Oct. 20, 2019 (Beijing time) at firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Application Materials for the 2020 Shenzhen Design Week Parallel Session” in the subject line).
The organizing committee office will work jointly with an expert team to select the submissions in light of this year’s situations. The selection will take around one week after the submission deadline. Results will be announced afterwards.