Guanlan Printmaking Village, where tradition meets change
New Who Art Village in Guanlan, Longhua District is a popular venue for domestic and international artists to do residency projects.
The Qianzhen Girl's School was established by Christian missonaries in 1878. The two-storyed wooden building has endured the test of time over 130 years and has become a well-known scenic spot both at home and abroad.
The Monument to the Liberation of Neilingding Island was first erected by the 390th Regiment of the 130th Division to commemorate the revolutionary martyrs who had died in the liberation of Neilingding Island.
Born in Nanshan Village on Nov. 11, 1901, Chen Yu in his early years participated in the Seamen’s Strike of 1922, the Canton-Hong Kong Strike, and the Guangzhou Uprising. After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, Chen successively served as minister of fuel industry, minister of coal industry, secretary of the CPC Guangdong Provincial Committee and Guangdong governor, and was hailed as the “Son of the People of Nanshan.”
Chiwan Left Battery was first constructed in the 56th year of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty (AD 1717), which has ever contributed much to Lin Zexu’s ban on opium-smoking and Xin’an People’s struggle against British invaders.